Many varieties of fish are abundant in the waters surrounding Brunswick County and each of the local beaches has at least one full service fishing pier. Recreational fresh-water fishing licenses are required by law and you can obtain a license from the North Carolina Wildlife Resources Commission at 888.248.6834.
For more information about fishing in our area, visit www.ncwildlife.org
Local charter boats leave regularly for high seas adventures,
Brunswick County is the place to take on water sports. Chartered parasailing and sailing cruises are available as well as rentals of Wave Runners, kayaks and other small boats.
Ocean Isle Fishing Center
Call 800.222.4790 for a copy of The Brunswick County Parks and Recreation Canoe & Kayak Access Guide.
You can also get a copy of the North Carolina Coastal Boating Guide at the Brunswick County Chamber of Commerce office in Shallotte. Visit www.ncwaterways.com for more on watersports.
Boat ramps in Brunswick County:
- Boiling Spring Lakes Boat Ramp & Dock
- Lockwood Folly Bridge Ramp
- Oak Island Parks & Recreation Center
- Wildlife Boat Ramp, Fish Factory Road, Oak Island
- Wildlife Boat Ramp, Ocean Isle Beach
- Wildlife Boat Ramp, Pireway (Waccamaw River)
- Wildlife Boat Ramp, Seaside (Sunset – Ocean Isle Beach)
- Wildlife Boat Ramp, Sunset Harbor
- Wildlife Boat Ramp, Winnabow
Shallotte River Swamp Park gives you multiple options for the outdoor enthusiast. With Zipline Tours, Aerial Adventure Park, and Swamp Boat Eco Tours you can see the adventerous side of Brunswick County.
Search our Business Directory for member charter fishing companies, member marinas and fishing charters.