Your Business


As a member of the Brunswick County Chamber of Commerce, you never have to cope with the challenges of running a business alone. We’re here to help you find solutions for the challenges you face in running your business. Every business needs resources to succeed. From financial education to lead generation, in today’s competitive business environment, every little edge can make the difference.

To learn about State Legislature go to:
NC State Governement
NC General Assembly

To learn more about starting a business please visit:
Business Link North Carolina
NC Small Business Depatment of Commerce  
BCC Small Business Center 

Privilege License:

Your business may or may not need a state privilege license.  To learn more go to:

North Carolina Department of Revenue Brunswick County Government Complex, Bolivia | 910.253.2729

Liquor License and Beer & Wine License: If your business will be selling alcohol, permitting by the North Carolina Alcoholic Beverage Control Commission is required as is a county permit. The county permit can be obtained only after getting the state license.

North Carolina Alcoholic Beverage Control Commission

Brunswick County Tax Collection

Brunswick County Government Complex, Bolivia | 910.253.2829

Restaurant Permit: If the business will have a restaurant or facility where food or drinks will be served to the public, a thorough inspection by the Brunswick County Health Department is required. For new facilities, construction plans and menus must be approved by the department.

Brunswick County Health Department
Brunswick County Government Complex, Bolivia | 910.253.2250

Building Permits: All residential and commercial construction of 100 square feet and up requires a building permit in Brunswick County. Additionally, each municipality may have permitting requirements.

Fees are based on a combination of heated space, unheated space, open covered space, and uncovered open space. Permits for commercial construction are issued only to commercially licensed North Carolina building contractors. For residential construction, either a state licensed builder or the property owner may obtain the license.

Brunswick County Central Permitting
Brunswick County Government Complex, Bolivia | 910.253.2055

If your building will be located in an incorporated town, you’ll need to contact that municipality’s town hall directly for their requirements.

For more information and assistance, visit

For volunteer help around Brunswick County
Click Here

Paws Ability - Spray and Neuter Program: